Monday, February 15, 2010

SuperWarren

It looks like we're having snow this winter after all.

This clearing the walk is hard work.
I wonder if my cape has Super Snow Removal powers.

At the least, it'll be warm.
Now, where did I put it?

I could have sworn I folded it neatly and put it away...

Psst!
Hey! Alien Guy!
My name is Warren, and I'm a gecko, not an alien.
Yeah whatever.
We've got this great Superhero cape for you!

A superhero cape?
Yeah! It's got all sorts of super powers, like Incredible Strength, and X-ray vision.
Try it on.
Well, it would be nice to have help getting rid of all this snow.
It can do that!
Yeah!

Instant Spring.
Hi Laars. Have you seen my Superhero cape?
Who, me? No. Never saw it.
I've just been sitting here reading The Economist.
Now, you stay here and think real hard about warm weather and chirping birds and all that spring business, and
*Presto*
Springtime!
Thanks, guys. I'll concentrate on Warm.
Hi Astrid, Hi Bjorn, have you seen my Superhero cape?
Nope. Never did. Didn't touch it.

...

Hey, what are you doing with the knitting, anyway?
We're helping!
Yeah!
You're such nice, helpful rats.
Where's Warren? Anybody seen Warren?
He's been gone all day.
Uhhhh, I think he said something about phoning home.
Oh, Okay. Let me know if you see him around.

*the next morning*
It's still out there!
Wow!
Incredible!

Brrrrrr.....
It doesn't look like this Instant Spring thing is working...

I'd go in for some coffee,
but I seem to be frozen.
Oh there you are Warren, I've been looking all over for you!
Brrrr....
I see you found my Superhero cape!
Brrrr....
Let's go in and get some hot coffee.
Good idea.
Look, Nancy swept the stairs for us,
and cleared the walk.
And she didn't even use Superpowers!

.
About those superpowers, Maurice...
.

1 comment:

Dan Eastwood said...

I wish the rabbits in my yards would shovel the snow for me. I'm terribly jealous! :-)