Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Conversation atop a treasure chest

Arr, me bandy bloke. Some hardy bright swag ya got there!
.
Why, thank you, old chap. Indeed I have been fortunate in my lately endeavors. It is a magnificent day, full of sunshine and the seductive glint of valuable goods. Blow me down! Arrrr. whatcha spewin' there!
.
Pardon me? I don't follow you, my good gentleman.
Whatcher got in yer gob there? Ye sound like some white-wigged lily-livered tea-sippin' frilly-shirted nancy-boy! Tark like the Pie-rate yarrrrr!
.
Oh, dear. My most heartfelt apologies, my cherished Hooke-and-Eye. I regret to have missed Talk Like a Pirate Day. My linguistic certification is in suspense. I must speak thusly, with the full correctness of English, until September 19th next.
La vache!
...
eh, Redde, ken ye borrow me the belle Mouche Noir? Caint be spewin' that fancytalk in front of the crew and all...
.
Certainly, friend Hooke. You're utterly right. Can't be seen in this state. I'll be taking a back office at the Crimson Permanent Assurance for the duration.
.
Aye. Arrrr.

.

No comments: